We're a startup specializing in print on demand, which is making a big name for itself in cutting edge mobile apps, and conventional online eCommerce. Our dev team is run in an Agile/Scrum process.
If you join us you'll:
- Interact directly with product owners, to make sure we understand the business requirements
- Develop using the CakePHP framework
- Use SVN, TRAC and Basecamp to manage your work
- deploy to cloud based hosting architectures
- Be exposed to some seriously good puns and word plays
- Argue over who's in charge of the music today, and who has the worst taste (hint - it's the guy who has a thing for 80s pop)
We'll help support and assist you to grow your skills and knowledge, and there's plenty of scope for responsibility and personal ownership of various aspects of the business.
We're looking for a middle weight PHP developer, with at least 2 years commercial experience.
You're a developer who's:
- Familiar with agile practices and procedures, and industry best practices
- Can describe patterns such as model/view/controller and abstract factories with ease
- Know their stuff in DB design, data normalisation, query optimization
- Has heard of including cloud server hosting, DB clustering and sharding, and wants to know more
- Knows their cookies from their cocoa
- Is looking for a challenge in a fast paced, growing business
- Is communicative, personable, and friendly
- Is looking to "up their game" to the next level
- Knows web like the back of their hand
- Excited about emerging technologies
- 2+ years commercial experience in PHP & MySQL
- Good all round LAMP skills, i.e comfortable on the command line
- Familiar with a PHP MVC framework
Highly desirable skills
- Knowledge of the CakePHP framework
- SVN experience (branching and merging etc)
- Good front end skills (HTML / CSS)
- comfortable with basic Apache setup/config, and nix sys-admin skills
- PHP Unit Testing
If you want to work in a friendly, non stuffy environment, for a company that's becoming a industry leader in the mobile app and web ecommerce offering, and you have the skills and the passion to join a team that's about to hit the mainstream, send your CV now...