With mother's day coming up soon, lots of us have been looking through our old photos and reminiscing on good times. We all know how much our photos mean to us so it is important that we look after them, as no matter what, old prints fade. And although digital photos may stay fresh, they are only just one technical hiccup away from oblivion.
So, I have put together a few handy tips that may save you from some lost photography tears.
What do I do with my old photos?
Replace your albums. High humidity may have already ruined your pictures therefore, you will need to buy albums which have pages that are acid-free and adhesive-free and then just make sure to store them in a cool, dry place.
Scan your old photos. By scanning your old photos you can bring them back to life, all you need to do is:
1. Scan your photos
2. Open the scanned picture within an image-editing program
3. Fix the picture by adjusting the colour and increasing the contrast
4. Crop out dead space
5. Increase the saturation and sharpness to make the image more vivid
6. If the colour is still very faded, just convert the photo to black and white
7. Finally, save the edited image as a new file
What to do with your new photos?
Print your favourite new ones, and back everything up. You can store your pictures:
1. On your computer's internal hard drive
2. On an external hard drive
3. Burn DVDs of your images
It's that easy and honestly, you will feel a lot better once you have done it!